Thank you for making the commitment to Foster, Adopt or provide care for children in Pasco and North Pinellas County. There are many children today who need your help and a place to call home as they go through this process of being away from their biological families. Your ability to care for these children will be an exciting and enriching experience. Thank you in advance for your commitment to these children and our community.
Benefits of the Association:
- Why we exist – We are here for you. We strive to provide our foster/adoptive parents with the necessary resources to deal with the many challenges they face in raising our communities’ children.
- Training hours – While attending the monthly meetings you will earn hours towards your annual re-certification.
- Guest Speakers – You will be able to hear from different members of our team related to Community Based Care and learn additional techniques which can be used in your home.
- Foster/Adoptive Task Force Liaison – Monthly meeting made up of members from ECA, CPI, Sheriff’s Office, GAL, Foster Parents, and Adoptive Parents. The members of this committee talk about the most current issues facing Foster and Adoptive families in Pasco and Pinellas counties.
- Networking with other parents – Great way to meet other members of the foster/adoptive community. Build relationships and to provide support for respite care, babysitting, etc.
- Special Events for Foster/Adoptive Families – Spring Fling, Back to School Bash, Angel Tree Program, Apple Tree Program, and MORE!
How to Join – Please complete a 2017 Pasco FAPA Application Form to be a part of our association. Our membership are renewed annually, all memberships expire 12/31 of each year. To become a member, please print and complete the form above. You can either bring it along with your dues payment to our next association meeting OR mail it along with your dues payment to Pasco FAPA, PO Box 4002, Holiday, FL 34692
Monthly Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of every month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. If you are not a member yet, but you’d would like to attend a meeting, and you’ll need to utilize daycare, please send an email to FirstVP@pascofapa.com for daycare reservations.
There will always be a need for new foster and adoptive parents. If someone you know may be interested in becoming a foster or adoptive parent, please call the Eckerd Community Alternatives Toll Free Recruitment line at 1-866-271-4705 or you can contact the East Pasco office at (352) 521-1266 or West Pasco office at (727)-569-1740.
For a directory of local contacts, please go to: http://fostercarephonebook.com/